August 23, 2005

500 - Jr. Gemini

Location : Cedar Point, Ohio
Date first rode : June 2006
Still there? : Yes
ECC : Yes
ERS : No



My 500th coaster occured during the club's tour of the U.S. Having hit previous milestones each year prior on a club trip it was great that the pattern continued here. I was also chuffed that it happened at Cedar Point, one of the Mecca's of coaster rides. If I was a serious enthusiast I would have made sure Dragster or Millenium Force would be the landmark coaster but I don't have that attitude, and which ever one I end up will be the one, but Jr. Gemini?

This ride is notoriously difficult for adults to get onto as they need a child with them to ride. So a group of us had to whore ourselves to get on it. The ride op did a great job shouting out "who wants to ride with someone from England", and a kid called Joshua said yes. So I had to ride with him, whilst the ride was going on he was telling me how his name was biblical. If I had no reason to speak to him other than to be polite, this made me stop.

Originally I thought this was my 499th coaster but it turns out J2 at Clementon Lake earlier in the trip was so bad I forgot to count it. In hindsight I'm not sure if I have a good 500th or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home